During these unprecedented times, there’s significant uncertainty surrounding Australian migration. Including those temporary applicants in Australia and those outside the country intending to make Australia their home.

Whilst there are travel restrictions in place, this doesn’t mean we cannot continue working towards securing an Australia visa outcome. This is specifically applicable to certain visa subclasses, including:

  • Partner visas;
  • Parent visas; and
  • General Skilled Migration (GSM).

In the coming weeks, we’re going to provide detailed newsletters on the above visas. These will include further information on eligibility requirements, where and when you apply for them and what Home Affairs require for the applications.

You can find a breakdown below of how you can start the process of these visas now.

Partner visas

It has never been a more important time to secure your ability to remain permanently in Australia with your Australian partner. Whether you’re in or outside Australia, there are ways to facilitate lodging a strong partner visa application.

The only individuals permitted to travel to Australia at present are:

  • Australian Citizens;
  • Australian Permanent Residents;
  • New Zealand Citizens usually resident in Australia; and
  • Dependent family members of the above (EG spouses, de facto partners and children)

The Australian Government understands the need to unite families and we can assist in facilitating same.

Parent visas

Parents of Australian Citizens or permanent residents could have access to one of the numerous Parent visa applications available. Depending on your personal circumstances, they can be applied for onshore or offshore.

Given the processing times of offshore Parent visas, we can facilitate lodgement of your application now, in order to begin the ‘wait-out’ period.

General Skilled Migration

General Skilled Migration normally refers to the following subclasses:

  • Independent Skilled (Subclass 189);
  • State Sponsored (Subclass 190); and
  • Regional Sponsored (Subclass 491).

In order to be eligible for one of the above, you must have an occupation on one of the skilled or state occupation lists.

All three subclasses require applicants to undertake a skill assessment for their occupation and collate a high number of points, in order to be ‘invited’ to apply for an Australian visa.

Skill Assessments and awaiting invitations can take months. Therefore, there’s no time like the present to get started on your skill assessment application.

Let’s not put your dream of re-uniting with partners, family or moving to Australia on hold. There are things we can put in place now, there are ways to move forward and Unite Migration is here to help.

Please contact [email protected] to discuss your eligibility for an Australian visa.