Obtaining a partner visa

We believe couples should be united in the country they wish to reside in together. If that country is Australia, then we can assist with your Partner visa options. There are currently three options in Australia, if you’re in a relationship with a Citizen, Permanent Resident or Eligible New Zealand Citizen.

Partner (Subclass 820/801) visa & Partner (Subclass 309/100) visa

This is a two-stage process, whereby you’re initially granted the Temporary Partner (Subclass 820 or 309) visa. Once two years have passed since you submitted your application, you may then apply to transition to the Permanent Partner (Subclass 801 or 100) visa. The Subclass 820/801 may be applied for when inside Australia, whereas the Subclass 309/100 is required to be applied for outside Australia.

Partner visas are large applications, with numerous arms of legislation to be met in order to be successful. They require you to be in a de facto or married relationship with your Australian partner and to meet the following ‘’pillars’’:

  • Demonstrate the nature of your commitment to one another;
  • Evidence the nature of your household together;
  • Evidence the financial aspects of your relationship; and
  • Demonstrate the social aspects of your relationship.

Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) visa

If you’re engaged to an Australian and wishing to get married within the country, then this would be an appropriate visa subclass for you to consider.

The Subclass 300 is the stepping stone, in order to arrive onshore, marry your fiance/e and become eligible to apply for the Partner (Subclass 820/801). Whilst less intensive than Partner visas, it remains to be a lengthy process.

To be eligible for a Subclass 300, we must predominantly demonstrate:

  • That you’re engaged and are intending to marry in Australia;
  • That you have met one another in person; and
  • Demonstrate your relationship to date.

Unite Migration is specialised in these visas and provides detailed guidance and assistance with this important process.