The Student (subclass 500) visa is a temporary visa which allows individuals to undertake an eligible course of study at an Australian educational institution for up to 5 years.

It permits international students to undertake courses at all levels and in a range of fields, which could include:

  • Primary or Secondary school;
  • Certificates and Diplomas;
  • Advanced Diplomas;
  • Bachelor Degrees;
  • Masters Degrees; or
  • PhD’s.

There are numerous requirements that must be satisfied to apply for a Student visa, including evidence of enrolment in an eligible course, demonstrating English language ability and evidencing health insurance coverage.

Once the visa has been secured, Student visa holders are required to undertake their study on a full-time basis and are permitted to work 40 hours per fortnight.

In addition to the above, select occupations or qualifications may have access to a Graduate (Subclass 485) visa. This visa permits individuals to remain, live and work in Australia for 18 months or more after their studies have been completed.

Should you be interested in commencing or continuing your studies in Australia, the Unite Migration team is well-equipped to handle your migration needs.

Got further questions about Student visas or want your eligibility assessed? Submit your enquiry today and one of our team members will reach out to you.