We have received news that arrangements are being made for Student visa applicants and holders who have been affected by COVID-19 travel restrictions.
The update is as follows:
- Grants of student visas lodged outside Australia will recommence, so visa holders will be ready to travel when borders reopen;
- Free visa applicant charges will be available for international students who lodge further student visa applications, if they were unable to complete their studies within their original visa validity due to COVID-19;
- Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to COVID-19 will be have that study counted towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa;
- Graduates who held a student visa will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa outside Australia, if they are unable to return due to COVID-19; and
- Additional time will be given for applicants to provide English language results where COVID-19 has disrupted access to these services.
We await further information from the Department of Home Affairs as to when these are to be enacted, though we anticipate decisions on Student visa applications lodged offshore to begin shortly.
If you have any questions about how this update affects you, please reach out to us.